REGISTRATION OF DOCUMENTS
|1. What is registrarion ? |
- The Registration of
documents is made under the provisions of the Registration Act, 1908
2. What type of documents are registered and what is the requirement & criteria for registering ?
- SALE DEED
- Stamp duty and transfer duty @ 6% if the vendor is a woman and @ 8% if the vendor is a man.
- Registration fee of Rs. 101/- per document.
- Both vendor and vendee to be present alongwith identification douments i.e. Pass Port, Epic Card, Ration Card, Driving License etc. at the time of presentation.
- Two witnesses alongwith identification documents need to be present during presentation of documents.
- Services of advocate or any intermediary
is not at all required for registration of any of the documents.
- General Power of Attorney / Special Power of Attorney.
- GPA can be registered only alongwith agreement to sale except in case of blood relation. Duty equivalent to registration of sale deed needs to be paid in case of GPA other than blood relations.
- GPA between blood relations can be registered with stamp duty of Rs.100/- and registration fee of Rs.4/-
- Two witnesses alongwith identification
documents need to be present during presentation of documents.
- No stamp duty is required for registration of will.
- Registration Fee is Rs.21/-.
- The Testator alongwith two witnesses
need to be present during presentation.
- Conveyance Deeds.
- For conversion of lease hold property into free hold property, duty @ 8% in case of men and 6 % in case of women has to be paid through Collector of Stamps/SDM.
- Registration fee of Rs. 101/- has to be
deposited at Sub-Registrar office at the time of registration.
- Gift Deeds.
- The property being gifted has to be valued by an approved valuer.
- Stamp duty @ 8% and Registration Fee of
Rs. 101/- has to be paid.
- Share Certificates.
- Stamp duty @ of Re.1/- for every one
thousand rupees or part thereof of the value of shares has to be
paid at the office of Collector of Stamps/SDM.
|3. Where to apply ? |
|4. What is the response time ? |